Increasing your Internet speed is no piece of cake if you do all the process on your own. Increase in Internet speed of your existing WiFi network is the need of everyone in this modern world of technology. Similarly, you can’t complete the process of Netgear n300 Range Extender Setup in poor connectivity or a public WiFi. As range extenders are meant for a high-speed of the Internet everywhere in the house, though its process of configuration is to be completed in a well good Internet connection.
5 Things that you would Deny
- Do not use the outdated firmware of the router and the modem.
- Make your device rid from a heavy load of malicious files.
- If you found your device overheated, put your process of setup on hold. Shut your router and the computer along with modem for a short while and after two minutes, restart them again.
- The antennas of the router should be well placed in a vertical position. If possible, provide an additional set of antennas to it.
- Place your router away from interference creating devices like Bluetooth speakers, microphones, treadmill, microwaves, mixer, grinder, juicer, etc.
Check the cause of Slow Internet Connection
There would be several reasons for slow Internet connection.
- Maybe your hardware and software haven’t shaken hands with the latest technology.
- Countless Downloads.
- A number of devices (wired or wireless) connected to the same network.
- Interference caused by electronic gadgets, mirrors, walls, and metal appliances.
- A short amount of Internet speed forms your Internet Service Provider.
Verify the cause of your Internet Speed
The speed of the Internet matters a lot in human life. That’s why they get worried as soon as they receive slow speed.
- Consider checking the actual speed of uploads and downloads.
- Set a limit on bandwidth for those guests who often visit you. Such a feature is known as “guest control”.
- Compare the speed of the Internet according to your plan.
- Upgrade your Internet Networking System.
- Call your experts immediately on a toll-free number.
Avoid creating distances between Computer and the Router
In case you are connected to the Internet through a WiFi device (router) you will notice that the networking speed drops suddenly in case you move your device (computer) away from the router. For better speed of the Internet, consider placing your computer closer to the router. Also, make sure that both the devices have enough place to prevent overheating and a load of downloads.
Decrease the number of Items on the Network
Your existing WiFi has the capability of handling a limited number of devices. Make sure that your computer is the only device that is connected to the router. If it is impossible for you to stick to the desktop all the time or work on a single device, then you have no option left to switch to a range extender that is sometimes called a wireless repeater.
Turn off all the metal and electronic devices/ gadgets when not in use. They are forced to be disabled especially during the process of configuration.
For your extender setup, make sure that you have the right login details. If not, ask our Netgear experts on the toll-free number mentioned above.
Get the solution to your problems, visit the net.